Veterans Day 50k. Ramblings From A New Age Group

I’ve come to learn a few things along the way, and recently celebrating a birthday milestone, has given me time to pause, reflect and synthesize some of the things I’ve picked up about myself.  Enjoy


*Some days I can not give 100%, but I will give 100% of what I’ve got, Every.  Single.  Day.


*I am a feeler.  I feel deeply.  I make no apologies.  I may boldly go in the wrong direction, but I’m going there full-force.


*I people watch.  If you are in my inner circle, I will learn you.  I will do what makes you happy.


*I am immensely proud of the amount of life I have put into my life.   I will not stop.


*It all gets done.  Sometimes I don't know how.  Often, I lose sleep, but it all gets done.  


*I have spent 20 years helping students with challenges, accept and find a way through.  I expect no less from myself, with all of life’s hurdles.


*”I’ll handle it”, "I'm on it.", “I got you”, or “I’m here” are my warrior phrases.  If you hear one, step back, I’m going to do what needs to be done.  I will put you first.


*Forget “dance like  nobody's watching”  Dance big, make people join in!


*If I love you, I love you fiercely.  I do not let go of that.


*There is ALWAYS something to be grateful for.


*Writing helps me work through things.   It organizes and focuses me.

*I believe in miracles.


*There is not a trail or a large body of water that does not help settle my thoughts.  They are my therapists.


*I do not wear my heart on my sleeve, I wear it on my fist.  I persevere.


*I love to make memories. Receiving a positive memory is more precious than anything money can buy.


*Cupcakes make me happy.  They signify that I have completed a task.


*I use humor at inappropriate times.   90% of the time, it helps.  I like those odds


*I could care less about how I look to you, but I desperately care how I make you feel.


*I am proud of me


*If I find the chance to be goofy and not take myself seriously, I’m going for it.

*I choose to be happy


*I am blessed beyond measure.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Phunt 50k 2021

Mendon Ponds 50k Race Report

My Life as a Dirty Girl