Welcome to my blog...

I found running (or running found me?) about 5 years ago.  I was having a hard time dealing with a new diagnosis that came my son's way.  Some family friends invited us on a trip to the ocean.  A chance to be near the ocean is a no-brainer for me, so I jumped at the opportunity.  I soon found out that a few of my persistent vacation-mates were runners.  Next thing I knew, I found myself on the sand at 6 am for a "run".


That first day was rough, but the next was better.  By the end of the week, I was hooked and bugging THEM to get up to see the sun rise.  I also discovered that running gave me time to think and work out my parental concerns.  I was amazed that I had found something that would settle my mind AND make my pants fit better. From that point on, I was a runner.


Fast forward five years.  Running has become a form of meditation for me.  I crave it.  It has been said that you can't run away from your problems.  I have learned that you can, however, run through them.  Running has been there to see me through all that life has thrown at me.  I've turned to it in celebration and in turmoil.  Heck, I even wrote my sister's eulogy while running!


I don't know where running will take me, but I've certainly enjoyed every step of the journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mendon Ponds 50k Race Report

Phunt 50k 2021

My Life as a Dirty Girl